February 24, 2012

Books 9, 10 & 11


You know what the worst part of a bad book is? 
It kills the read speed.

I literally make up excuses to not read it, not that I don't have 12,000 other things to do but with a book I don't love... it's all over.

I can't give up a on book.
I don't know why.
But when I start feel committed to it, like I'm hoping it will surprise me and blow me away in the end.

And like always, it didnt.


It literally took me two weeks to read.
And where I was averaging two or three a week, that's saying something.
The worst part is, I saw the movie as well and don't even remember the ending.
It left no imprint on me whatsoever.


I followed the advice of some favorite followers and gave Sophie Kinsella another shot.
I must say, I adored this book.
Little bit of a mystery but super light hearted.


I felt dirty reading this book. Haha.
David asked me one night what it was about and my response was:
"There's a girl whose parents are rich so in an attempt to break away from them she starts a prostitution ring, her boyfriend is addicted to blow, her friend is pregnant by the senator and her other friend is obsessively stalking her ex while they investigate who shot the first girls mother in the face"
Um, gross.
But honestly, a good book.
Another whodunnit but this one kind of sucks because at the end of the book when you find out who it was you're like "Wtf?", and not in a good way.

But I'd like to think I'm back on track now... Hopefully I'll breeze through a few more and make up some lost ground!




7 comments:

  1. I loved Twenties Girl!!! You can never go wrong with Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time putting down a book too! And I hated the first book. As a working mom and the time, I found the main character totally unrelatable and unlikable. And I just ordered Twenties Girl. Glad you liked it. The last book sounds intriguing ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's what it was! I wanted to smack her and just say "Relax". Yes, being a working mom can be stressful sometimes but I just did not love the book.

      Delete
  3. twenties grils was a great book!

    i hate when i don't like a book,i read one this week that i wasn't a fan of too. and last week i read a book that i actually hated,and that is rare for me.

    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read "twenty's girl"! It looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't a big fan of I Don't Know How She Does It either. Going into it, I wanted to love it, but I just couldn't.

    I did really enjoy Twenties Girl though. I've loved pretty much all of Sohpia Kinsella's books, but what I loved about this one, was that it was quite a bit different from her others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard a lot of good things about Kinsella - I need to jump on the bandwagon! And that last one looks like it would be good :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...